Netflix instructions for...
All devices with Netflix credit
Before you start
- Set up a subscription at ExpressVPN if you have not done so already. We recommend doing this on a Mac/PC.
- Configure your device's DNS settings according to ExpressVPN's instructions
Using your Netflix credit
- Go to netflix.com/gift. If you get the message "Netflix is not available in your country", then please follow the instructional section I get Netflix not available in your country here below
- Enter the code you received and click "Redeem".
- You get the options of either logging into your Netflix account and redeem the gift card or create a new Netflix account to use the gift card. In order to create a new account you need to provide name, email, password and a postal code. Keep in mind that the postal code needs to be 5 digits. If your postal code is 3 digit then try prefixing it with 00, ie. 00105. US zip codes like 10119 would also work in this case.
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen. At this point you can start using your Netflix account.
I get "Netflix Not Available in your Country"
If this message appears when you go to netflix.com/gift then please follow these instructions to bypass it:
- Open a Chrome browser.
- Go to Hola Chrome Extension
- Click on "Add to Chrome" button. This will install "Hola extension" in your Chrome browser which will let websites think you are browsing from the United States
- Click on the little fireball guy which is now visible in the top right corner of your browser.
- Select Netflix or Browsing from USA.
- Either click on "Redeem Your Gift" on the bottom of the page or manually go to www.netflix.com/gift in your browser.
iOS/Apple TV with iTunes account credit
This option is not available anymore. See below:
Netflix w. iTunes Billing Changes
Netflix Permanently Pulls iTunes Billing for New Users